Friday, January 4, 2013

Context Clues Anchor Chart

Anchor charts...you know, my favorite thing ever!

Context clues...you know, such a big part of third grade!

I really struggle with teaching context clues in many ways. In my brain I feel like it's SO easy to use context clues - almost so easy that it becomes difficult to explain to 8 and 9 year olds how to use them.

Then again, I think to myself, 'Isn't this just natural? Shouldn't they just get this stuff? Why do I have to explain so much?'

Like always, teaching is tough.  

I just want to do everything I can to make anything and everything easier for my kids. By making this magnifying glass Context Clues Anchor Chart, my kids know they have to think like detectives and search for the meaning of the word in other parts of the text.



We review context clues again in the coming weeks, so I'm glad I was able to get this completed the last time we discussed them.

Tell me...do you make anchor charts for your classroom? What's your idea of a good, effective classroom anchor chart?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...