Saturday, September 29, 2012

Author's Purpose is all about P.I.E. Poster

This year I've made several anchor charts so far for my classroom. While it does take some extra time in the evenings, I've really enjoyed making them.

Plus, for some unknown reason, my kids are incredibly ate up by the fact that I "make these at my house!" Who knew they'd care so much?

I suppose it was then that they realized their teacher has a life outside of school! *gasp*

Or, maybe they're still amazed that "teachers have homework, too!" which we talked about when I brought my What Questions Do Readers Ask poster to school.

-------------------------------------------------



We've talked endlessly about Author's Purpose since school started. I can't say this enough...being with your kids from the beginning of the year on makes a difference!

Last year I walked into the classroom in February and had to struggle to find my ground. Since I met these guys at day 1, I'm thrilled that I will get to follow them through their entire year. I will remember and be able to take note of who hasn't mastered what and...in February? In February I will know where everyone is!

Right now, Author's Purpose seems to be exciting...especially with the pie acronym. I love that it can be tied into every single lesson that I do - in Social Studies, too.

{Please excuse the poor, cell phone quality of this picture. I'll have to get another!}

This poster will be displayed in my room this year as long as I have room for it!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...