Monday, September 3, 2012

Circus-Themed Curtains for Classroom

My, my, my. It's already September and I've got the first week of school under my belt!

I anticipate feeling similar to this every year at the beginning of school, but I at least hope that it gets slightly easier to manage.

I had comments on my blog, new followers and all, and I didn't even know it...sorry guys! I'm back, slowly recovering, and finding my balance. Hopefully I can get back into the blogging world quickly.

The first thing I wanted to share with you? My classroom curtains!

I owe a lot to my other half for getting into my room the Saturday before school started to help me get them made and hanging.


Aren't they cute?!

I am in love with them and they really give my classroom the circus vibe. :)

Because I've already spent tons of money on my room in other places, I didn't want to buy curtains or have any made. I used paper from the school workroom. Yes, it did take us a great deal of time - we had one large red strip and then cut out numerous white strips and glued them to the red paper.

To hang them in the room, we used velcro.  Since the long, rolled strips of velcro were cheaper, we bought those and cut them into small pieces. It made the hanging much easier and much faster once the curtains were made.

As you can (hopefully) tell, this picture was taken before the rest of my room was ready. I can't wait to get more recent pictures of how GREAT it's looking now that everything is organized.

Did you do anything special in your classrooms this year? What theme did you use?

I'm so curious to see other classrooms since I've had myself practically locked in my own for the past couple of weeks!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...