Monday, April 29, 2013

Reading Comprehension Skill Reference Sheet - Digital Download

State testing is over for my third graders...thank goodness!

Today we have the day off because it was reserved as a Bad Weather Make Up Day. It's truly been wonderful because I'm getting so many things done.

Not only things for school, but many things around the house that just need to get done. Plus, I got to sleep in and I really, really needed that! :)

One of the many things that I've checked off of my to do list today is the new product I just listed. I created some Reading Comprehension Skill References Sheets for my students and yours! I wish that I would have thought to create these earlier in the year, but I suppose I can't think of everything my first year, huh?

I got this idea from some after school tutoring that I've started doing. In Texas, our 5th graders get multiple opportunities to pass the state assessment, STAAR, and those make up tests are quickly approaching.

I started this tutoring group just this past week on Thursday. It's really nice because the 5th grade teachers provide everyone tutoring with the materials that you need and you just open your folder, pull out your materials, and get started. One of the materials that was handed over to us was a reference sheet.

On the reference sheet, there are a variety of reading comprehension skills that are briefly defined and explained. I asked one of the 5th grade teachers about it and she said that they originally found the pages online and then revamped them to fit their needs.

So, I thought that would be a good idea for my students, too. This version of the reference sheet is a little more simplified because it is geared more toward my third grade students than any others, but I hope that teachers in grades 2 - 5 will find it helpful in their classrooms.

To download the files, please just click the image or link above and you'll be lead to my TpT store. :)

I hope you're all having a fabulous start to your week!

Summer's not far...

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...