Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Change is Happenin' - I'm Moving to 5th Grade

At the end of this past year I learned that I'll be making a big move...to 5th grade!

I didn't see it coming at all. When my principal told me this, I was immediately overcome with emotions ranging from I want to quit this job right here, right now to I'm the luckiest girl on the face of the planet earth; I love my job.

While technically I'm only jumping up two grade levels, they're BIG jumps. I don't have to tell you people about how much kids start growing up once they hit 3rd grade. Instead of taking baby steps from one grade level to the next, they're leaping and bounding. They're becoming little, mini-adults.

When I decided to share this news with my family and friends officially {you know that means Facebook!}, here's what I said, "Last week I found out that I'll be teaching 5th grade Reading & Social Studies next year. I'm trying my absolute best to be optimistic about it - after all, I'll (hopefully!) get to work with the super fabulous group of kids I started with last year - but, I'll let you know what it's like teaching kids that are taller than I am come August! Until then, hold me, will you?"

People are still holding me. It's either that or I'm so distracted with buying our new home right now (yay!) and planning our wedding (double yay!) that I haven't had enough thinking time. 

I'm still scared for my life in many unimaginable ways. It's intimidating to think about teaching kids that are taller and so much more developed than what I'm used to {ahhhhh!}.

I know that when this all makes full circle, everything will be great. I'm blessed to say that my teaching partner from the past 1 1/2 years is coming to fifth grade with me, as well. Without her, I'd probably more heavily consider...well, a lot of things.

Deep inside my heart, I know that this year is going to be memorable. I know that I'm going to get to watch an incredible transformation with these kids. They're going to grow up right before my eyes and I get to be there with them for everything.

I know that not only am I going to get to watch them grow as individuals, but I'm also going to see myself grow. I just know it! Why? Because it's impossible for me to walk away at the end of this next year with less self-confidence and know-how than I have right now! :)

So, now that I've stated my fears on here, I'm letting this represent the last bit of negativity about this upcoming school year. From this point forward, I'm making it my goal to turn a new leaf and really embrace everything that this upcoming year will be and bring to my life.


To represent that, as you can see, I treated myself to a bloglift. I hope that you're as obsessed with chevron as I am because it's in my new design and it's the theme for my classroom next year. ;)

Bring on 5th Grade!!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...