Monday, September 10, 2012

Class Facebook Page - Freebie Download

Each year we're required to go to technology training within our district before school starts (or throughout the year). While I enjoyed the trainings that I attended, I was most excited when my team teacher informed me that we'd be allowed to have class Facebook pages, something she'd learned in a training she went to!

*insert scream of excitement here*

We both decided that it's something we'd be interested in and we set them up. So far, I'M LOVING IT!

I do wish that I had more parents involved on the page, but I at least know who's capable of seeing what I post...and that's everyone.

I've had a few parents here and there leave comments and share information. Even if I'm not reaching each individual parents, I know that I'm reaching some and that's worth it to me.

Here are some things that I've posted about, or intend to post about:
  • Library Book Information
  • Test Dates
  • Spelling Words
  • Assignment Information
  • Reminders About School Holidays
  • Recent Classroom Activities and Projects
I do not post anything that is location-specific and, of course, I don't post anything that reveals the identify of a child in any way, shape or form.

I also created cute images to make my page more attractive than the generic Facebook page.


I feel like it creates that same welcoming environment for parents and students that I've tried to create in my room. Hopefully it helps encourage parents to interact and stay in touch.

If you'd like to download a copy of this Back-to-School facebook page cover picture for your own class page, you can do that...for FREE! :)



{Click the image above to enlarge it. Right click, save. Upload to your Facebook page.}


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...