Saturday, February 16, 2013

Language Arts Word Study Review Book & Assessment - Digital Download

Hello again, everyone...finally!

It's been so long. Like everyone, I've been so busy & life has been hectic! Still enjoying it all though, so that's good. :)

I'm bringing to you here something that I've recently been working on with my students - word study skills. Of course, we've been working on these skills all year long, but I'm getting to the point where I expect my students to master each of these skills since they'll be so heavily tested on our state assessment, the STAAR. 

I created a Word Study Review Book that your students can use just as mine did. They write the definition for each skill: Prefix, Suffix, Base Word, Synonyms, Antonyms, Homographs, and Homophones. Then, they can either illustrate the classroom anchor chart for that skill, or draw something that helps them remember that skill. Two versions of the Word Study Review Book are included in this digital download.

Students will also have an opportunity to write examples for each of these skills, too. I even let my students work in small groups around the room, which they really, really enjoyed!!


This digital download also includes an assessment for your students. It's a two-page, 15-question multiple-choice assessment that thoroughly assesses each of these word study skills: prefixes, suffixes, base words, synonyms, antonyms, homophones, & homographs. 

I hope that your students enjoy this as much as mine did! 

Hope you're all doing well! :) 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...