Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Main Idea Anchor Chart

Anchor charts are probably my favorite thing to make for my classroom. Every single time I introduce a new classroom anchor chart, without fail, my kids enjoy looking at them and quickly learn to effectively use them! {Whoop!}

It does help that the anchor charts are "cool" to them, and that's why I want to share them with others. Teachers, the "cooler" your anchor charts are, the more likely your students are to use them. 

No, it's not a proven fact, but I truly have seen my students actually utilize them. Even better, they reference them while speaking to others, which tells me that they're able to visualize the anchor charts in their heads, which is my ultimate goal.

Why? Well, my kids won't have these anchor charts to actually see when they take the STAAR test in April. And, unfortunately, it's all.about.the.STAAR. in Texas. If they can get a mental image of the anchor charts, they won't fret; they'll take a moment, visualize, and perform well!

Please dear Lord help this happen for them!!!

Main Idea Anchor Chart

Numerous teachers on my campus have made comments about my anchor charts.

"You're so good at making those!"

"Those are adorable!"

"You are so talented!"

That's not artistic talent, people. I assure you that.

I start off my picking a shape that I think represents that skill well {think outside the box!}, cut the outline, and use fat permanent markers and just go for it!  If you're creative enough to be a teacher {and you are}, then you're creative enough to make an anchor chart.

Hope you all are enjoying a restful Holiday Break! You deserve it!!!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...