Saturday, August 23, 2014

Meet the Teacher Night 2014

Meet the Teacher Night is in the books!

I survived.

I met {almost} all my kids.

And, I only forgot to prepare ONE thing!

I'd say that's pretty good, wouldn't you?!

I even managed to get changed into my Meet the Teacher outfit on time without sweating through it. Usually I scramble to get 954 more things done after changing, but not this time. That's a first! Ha! {And it's probably because I totally forgot to set out my Extra Supplies baggies...oops!}

Sorry for the poor-quality picture. It was taken with my 1st grade team, but I cut them out because they probably don't want their picture all over my blog! :) I had a pretty comfy outfit for the night though. I love me some linen pants and loose fitting shirts! 

This year is the first year that I didn't have Meet the Teacher the night before school starts. Our first day of school is Monday, August 25 and we had Meet the Teacher on Thursday, August 21.

Over all, the night went really well. My little guys and girls are so, so cute and I'm looking forward to all the fun we'll have together this year!

As the students came in with their families, I asked them to find their desk where I had neatly outlined my expectations for the night. In one pile, I put all of the information they were to take home and in another pile I put all of the information that they needed to complete before leaving.


It worked out so well and allowed me to have the freedom of going from desk to desk to meet my sweet babies and their families, instead of being stuck answering endless questions. So nice!

I also made a little take home gift for each of my students and I tried to make a REALLY big deal of it. It was Back to School MAGIC Confetti I put all the magic I could find {mostly in the form of glitter and sequins from WalMart - less than $2 total - and cut up colored paper} into that little bag with a sweet poem that I found via Primarily Speaking.

I used the poem she listed on her blog and designed it to match my classroom theme - blue and green {some theme, huh?!}.

If you looked at that picture carefully, you may have noticed that I told my students it was "Back to School Magic GLITTER," not confetti. Leave it to ME to mistakenly type glitter instead of confetti. Oh well, my kids were TOTALLY buying it!!!

If you would like a FREE copy of this poem for your students, click HERE!

Coming up next will be my classroom pictures, but first I have to finish my room! :) Soon...I'm *this close* to being done! Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...