Thursday, July 31, 2014

Change is Happenin' Part 2 - I'm Movin' to FIRST GRADE!

Last Summer I shared some big news on my blog - I learned I would officially be moving from 3rd grade to 5th grade! Initially, I didn't know how to react.

From my blog post, Change is a Happenin' - I'm Moving to 5th Grade!
When my principal told me this, I was immediately overcome with emotions ranging from I want to quit this job right here, right now to I'm the luckiest girl on the face of the planet earth; I love my job.
Now, a year later, I'm coming back with more news. Good, good, good news.

I'll be teaching first grade.

I'll be moving to a new school.

And, I'll also be moving to a new district.

It's a lot. But, like I said, it's a lot of GOOD, GOOD, GOOD happening all at once.

Last year was so enjoyable for me. I worked with a fantastic group of kids, but fifth grade was also exhausting. More importantly, though, it wasn't what I felt in my heart.

The small part of it that was unfulfilling made me want to consider some other options. I spent many nights and days praying over what to do. I clearly remember a phone conversation I had with my mom where I said, "I just need a really clear sign about what I'm supposed to do."

I didn't know...should I apply for another position? Should I stick it out in my current position? Were things going to get better for me? 

After hanging up the phone, I felt like I had been given an immediate resolution. My prayers had been answered! I was overcome with a feeling that told me I must apply for another position and just see what happened.

Something told me that this new opportunity might reignite my excitement and love for teaching in a way that I hadn't experienced.

Now, I've spent an entire summer preparing for this transition. My heart is anxious. I'm questioning things the way many do, 'Will I be good enough? Will I not?' But, a large part of my heart is READY! I feel like I might finally be at home and that feeling is good.

Listen to your heart, teachers. It will guide you!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...